Substitute Bus Drivers – Middlebury
At Champlain Valley Head Start, our mission is to provide high quality services to help children and families thrive and reach their full potential. We promote the health, safety and well-being of children, and maintain strong collaborative partnerships to meet the changing needs of children, families and communities.
We are looking for Substitute Bus Drivers to provide safe bus transportation for Head Start and non-Head Start children, assuring that each child is picked up and delivered on schedule. You will cooperate with on-board bus monitors to promote the health and safety of each child during transport; work in an outcomes-oriented, team environment under the supervision of the Head Start Community Engagement Coordinator; ensure program compliance with Head Start Federal Performance Standards, Vermont Child Care Licensing regulations, as well as all other applicable regulations, best practices, and Agency and program policies and procedures.
Successful applicants will have:
- High school diploma or GED.
- Valid Vermont Commercial Driver’s License; clean three year driving record.
- Current CDL Medical Card / Driver Physical Exam.
- Knowledge of safety practices as they relate to pre-school children. Working knowledge of the behaviors and developmental stages of pre-school children preferred.
- Good written and oral communications skills; bilingual abilities a plus.
- Basic math skills.
- Ability to maintain schedules while meeting individual needs of children and families.
- Pediatric CPR/First Aid certified at time of hire or achieves certification within 30 days from date of hire.
- Ability to complete other trainings as required by Head Start, federal and/or state regulations.
- Ability to uphold CVOEO safety standards.
This is an on-call position
To apply to this position please send a cover letter and resume to: [email protected]
Champlain Valley Head Start does not currently have any other job openings. Please check back again soon or submit your resume for future opportunities. We appreciate your interest!
Successful applicants must have excellent verbal and written communication skills; skills in documentation and record-keeping; proficiency in Microsoft Word, e-mail and internet; exceptional organizational skills and attention to detail. Must be energetic, positive, mature, professional, diplomatic, motivated, and have a can-do, extra-mile attitude. A commitment to social justice and to working with families with limited financial resources is necessary. Clean driving record and access to reliable transportation required. Must demonstrate physical ability to carry out required tasks. Please specify position and location of interest, and submit resume and cover letter with three work references via email to: [email protected]. No phone calls, please.
CVOEO IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER